District 196 Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting District196.org and viewing our privacy statement. This statement addresses the collection, use, security of and access to information that may be obtained during your use of this website. This notice covers the following topics:
- Information collected and how it is used
- Disclosure of information
- Access and correction of personal information
- Contact information
Information Collected and How It Is Used
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for information (e.g., filling out a Web form, registering for an event or participating in a survey). If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature of the District 196 website or your ability to access the services of District 196.
The situations where you may be asked to provide personal information include the following:
- E-mail Lists: If you sign up for one of our e-mail lists we may ask for such information as contact information, e-mail address and similar information. The information you provide will be used to subscribe you to the e-mail list service and ensure that you receive the requested e-mail and other similar types of information. It may also be used for the purposes described in the section below entitled Disclosure of Information. If you subscribe to an e-mail list, specific information will be provided explaining how to unsubscribe from the e-mail list service.
- Web Forms and Surveys: The District 196 website may provide the opportunity for you to complete forms and surveys, such as information request forms and feedback forms. The requested information may include such items as contact information, demographic information, areas of interest, your satisfaction with the services of District 196 and other similar types of information. The personal information you provide will be used only for such purposes as are described at the point of collection, such as to send information to you or to evaluate the success of District 196 programs. It may also be used for the purposes described in the section below entitled Disclosure of Information.
- Account Services: The District 196 website may provide the opportunity for you to access account services, such as class registration, facility rental, food service account balance and online purchases from a school store. The requested information may include such items as contact information, demographic information, password information and payment information. The information will be used for the purposes described at the point of collection, such as to access your account and process payment. It may also be used for the purposes described in the section below entitled Disclosure of Information.
- In addition to the personal information described above, our system collects server log data which may include an IP address, the type of browser and operating system used, the time of day visited, the pages viewed and the information requested through searches. We aggregate this data and use it for statistical purposes, helping us to ascertain, for example, the amount of interest in portions of our website and ways to improve the navigation and content of our website.
Disclosure of Information
Some of the identifiable personal information you provide through e-mail lists, web forms and surveys and account services may be classified as private data. The data may be shared with employees and agents of District 196 as necessary to provide the specific service requested, to track the success of programs, to complete required state and federal reports and to maintain the functioning and security of District 196 systems. It is not shared outside of District 196 except as authorized by law.
Some information transmitted electronically is classified as private electronic access data. Electronic access data cannot be rented or sold to third parties and is not shared outside of District 196 except for the following purposes:
To the Commissioner of the Department of Administration for the purposes of evaluating electronic governmental services;
To another governmental agency to prevent and respond to unlawful intrusions into governmental electronic systems and other unlawful activities, and
As otherwise provided by specific state and federal law requiring or expressly permitting the release of private data.
Nonidentifiable, summary information is not classified as private and may be shared with third parties. Such aggregate, summary data will not allow others to identify you.
Some identifiable information you submit may be classified as public data. Public data is freely accessible by third parties.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
You can review any personal information we collect about you. You may recommend changes to your personal information you believe in error by submitting a written request that credibly shows the error. If you believe that your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, you may contact us. In all cases, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
To offer comments about the District 196 website, or about the information presented in this Privacy Notice, you can contact:
Tom Voigt, Information Systems Coordinator
3455 153rd Street West
Rosemount, MN 55068