The ultimate goal of the Shannon Park Physical education program is to create a learning environment that instills, promotes, and motivates students to personally value a healthy and physically active life-style.
We want our students to become moving, thinking, and feeling individuals who will be healthy and active throughout their lives.
- Students in grades 2 and 5 attend Physical Education classes for 50 minutes every 5 days. Students in grades K, 1, 3 and 4 attend Physical Education classes for 50 minutes every 4 days.
- Students will have the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of planned activities in an active and safe environment.
- These activities provide skill development, help students to be successful, develop a positive self-concept, and are enjoyable.
- Students start out learning the Basic Skills of moving, throwing, catching, kicking, and striking. They then progress through the grades into more specific sport skills, concepts, strategies and lifetime activities.
- Students have the opportunity to develop skills at their own pace.
- They are also encouraged to understand the "hows" and "whys" of each.
- All lessons and activities are success-oriented with the emphasis on self improvement and having fun.